• Fastening Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fasten
- (n.) Anything that binds and makes fast, as a lock, catch, bolt, bar, buckle, etc.
• Fasten Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) To fix firmly; to make fast; to secure, as by a knot, lock, bolt, etc.; as, to fasten a chain to the feet; to fasten a door or window.
- (a.) To cause to hold together or to something else; to attach or unite firmly; to cause to cleave to something , or to cleave together, by any means; as, to fasten boards together with nails or cords; to fasten anything in our thoughts.
- (a.) To cause to take close effect; to make to tell; to lay on; as, to fasten a blow.
- (v. i.) To fix ones self; to take firm hold; to clinch; to cling.