• Fathomed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fathom
• Fathom Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A measure of length, containing six feet; the space to which a man can extend his arms; -- used chiefly in measuring cables, cordage, and the depth of navigable water by soundings.
- (v. t.) To encompass with the arms extended or encircling; to measure by throwing the arms about; to span.
- (v. t.) The measure by a sounding line; especially, to sound the depth of; to penetrate, measure, and comprehend; to get to the bottom of.
- (n.) The measure or extant of ones capacity; depth, as of intellect; profundity; reach; penetration.