• Fault Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Failure to serve the ball into the proper court.
- (n.) Anything that fails, that is wanting, or that impairs excellence; a failing; a defect; a blemish.
- (n.) A lost scent; act of losing the scent.
- (v. t.) To interrupt the continuity of (rock strata) by displacement along a plane of fracture; -- chiefly used in the p. p.; as, the coal beds are badly faulted.
- (n.) Defect; want; lack; default.
- (v. i.) To err; to blunder, to commit a fault; to do wrong.
- (v. t.) To charge with a fault; to accuse; to find fault with; to blame.
- (n.) In coal seams, coal rendered worthless by impurities in the seam; as, slate fault, dirt fault, etc.
- (n.) A moral failing; a defect or dereliction from duty; a deviation from propriety; an offense less serious than a crime.
- (n.) A dislocation of the strata of the vein.
- (n.) A defective point in an electric circuit due to a crossing of the parts of the conductor, or to contact with another conductor or the earth, or to a break in the circuit.
- (n.) A dislocation caused by a slipping of rock masses along a plane of facture; also, the dislocated structure resulting from such slipping.
• Faulty Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Guilty of a fault, or of faults; hence, blamable; worthy of censure.
- (a.) Containing faults, blemishes, or defects; imperfect; not fit for the use intended.
• Fault-finder Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who makes a practice of discovering others faults and censuring them; a scold.