• Favorite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person or thing regarded with peculiar favor; one treated with partiality; one preferred above others; especially, one unduly loved, trusted, and enriched with favors by a person of high rank or authority.
- (n.) The competitor (as a horse in a race) that is judged most likely to win; the competitor standing highest in the betting.
- (n.) Short curls dangling over the temples; -- fashionable in the reign of Charles II.
- (a.) Regarded with particular affection, esteem, or preference; as, a favorite walk; a favorite child.