• Feeing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fee
• Fee Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To reward for services performed, or to be performed; to recompense; to hire or keep in hire; hence, to bribe.
- (n.) A right to the use of a superiors land, as a stipend for services to be performed; also, the land so held; a fief.
- (n.) An estate of inheritance supposed to be held either mediately or immediately from the sovereign, and absolutely vested in the owner.
- (n.) property; possession; tenure.
- (n.) Reward or compensation for services rendered or to be rendered; especially, payment for professional services, of optional amount, or fixed by custom or laws; charge; pay; perquisite; as, the fees of lawyers and physicians; the fees of office; clerks fees; sheriffs fees; marriage fees, etc.
- (n.) An estate of inheritance belonging to the owner, and transmissible to his heirs, absolutely and simply, without condition attached to the tenure.