• Felt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cover with, or as with, felt; as, to felt the cylinder of a steam emgine.
- (n.) A cloth or stuff made of matted fibers of wool, or wool and fur, fulled or wrought into a compact substance by rolling and pressure, with lees or size, without spinning or weaving.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Feel
- () imp. & p. p. / a. from Feel.
- (n.) A hat made of felt.
- (v. t.) To make into felt, or a feltike substance; to cause to adhere and mat together.
- (n.) A skin or hide; a fell; a pelt.
• Felting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The material of which felt is made; also, felted cloth; also, the process by which it is made.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Felt
- (n.) The act of splitting timber by the felt grain.