• Fetch Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To reduce; to throw.
- (v. t.) To bring or get within reach by going; to reach; to arrive at; to attain; to reach by sailing.
- (n.) The apparation of a living person; a wraith.
- (v. t.) To bring to accomplishment; to achieve; to make; to perform, with certain objects; as, to fetch a compass; to fetch a leap; to fetch a sigh.
- (v. i.) To bring ones self; to make headway; to veer; as, to fetch about; to fetch to windward.
- (v. t.) To recall from a swoon; to revive; -- sometimes with to; as, to fetch a man to.
- (v. t.) To bear toward the person speaking, or the person or thing from whose point of view the action is contemplated; to go and bring; to get.
- (v. t.) To cause to come; to bring to a particular state.
- (n.) A stratagem by which a thing is indirectly brought to pass, or by which one thing seems intended and another is done; a trick; an artifice.
- (v. t.) To obtain as price or equivalent; to sell for.
• Fetched Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fetch
• Fetching Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fetch