• Fever Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Excessive excitement of the passions in consequence of strong emotion; a condition of great excitement; as, this quarrel has set my blood in a fever.
- (v. t.) To put into a fever; to affect with fever; as, a fevered lip.
- (n.) A diseased state of the system, marked by increased heat, acceleration of the pulse, and a general derangement of the functions, including usually, thirst and loss of appetite. Many diseases, of which fever is the most prominent symptom, are denominated fevers; as, typhoid fever; yellow fever.
• Fevering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fever
• Feverish Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a fever; suffering from, or affected with, a moderate degree of fever; showing increased heat and thirst; as, the patient is feverish.
- (a.) Disordered as by fever; excited; restless; as, the feverish condition of the commercial world.
- (a.) Indicating, or pertaining to, fever; characteristic of a fever; as, feverish symptoms.
- (a.) Hot; sultry.