• Fib Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A falsehood; a lie; -- used euphemistically.
- (v. i.) To speak falsely.
- (v. t.) To tell a fib to.
• Fibered Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Alt. of Fibred
• Fibre Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any fine, slender thread, or threadlike substance; as, a fiber of spun glass; especially, one of the slender rootlets of a plant.
- (n.) A general name for the raw material, such as cotton, flax, hemp, etc., used in textile manufactures.
- (n.) Sinew; strength; toughness; as, a man of real fiber.
- (n.) One of the delicate, threadlike portions of which the tissues of plants and animals are in part constituted; as, the fiber of flax or of muscle.
- () A tough vegetable fiber used as a substitute for bristles in making brushes. The piassava and the ixtle are both used under this name.