• Fiddling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fiddle
• Fiddle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A rack or frame of bars connected by strings, to keep table furniture in place on the cabin table in bad weather.
- (v. i.) To keep the hands and fingers actively moving as a fiddler does; to move the hands and fingers restlessy or in busy idleness; to trifle.
- (v. t.) To play (a tune) on a fiddle.
- (n.) A kind of dock (Rumex pulcher) with fiddle-shaped leaves; -- called also fiddle dock.
- (v. i.) To play on a fiddle.
- (n.) A stringed instrument of music played with a bow; a violin; a kit.