• Fig Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To put into the head of, as something useless o/ contemptible.
- (n.) To insult with a fico, or contemptuous motion. See Fico.
- (n.) A small fruit tree (Ficus Carica) with large leaves, known from the remotest antiquity. It was probably native from Syria westward to the Canary Islands.
- (n.) Figure; dress; array.
- (n.) The fruit of a fig tree, which is of round or oblong shape, and of various colors.
- (n.) The value of a fig, practically nothing; a fico; -- used in scorn or contempt.
- (n.) A small piece of tobacco.
• Figurial Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Represented by figure or delineation.