• Filtering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Filter
• Filter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Same as Philter.
- (v. i.) To pass through a filter; to percolate.
- (n.) Any porous substance, as cloth, paper, sand, or charcoal, through which water or other liquid may passed to cleanse it from the solid or impure matter held in suspension; a chamber or device containing such substance; a strainer; also, a similar device for purifying air.
- (n.) To purify or defecate, as water or other liquid, by causing it to pass through a filter.