• Find Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To discover by sounding; as, to find bottom.
- (v. t.) To provide for; to supply; to furnish; as, to find food for workemen; he finds his nephew in money.
- (v. t.) To learn by experience or trial; to perceive; to experience; to discover by the intellect or the feelings; to detect; to feel.
- (v. t.) To attain to; to arrive at; to acquire.
- (v. t.) To meet with, or light upon, accidentally; to gain the first sight or knowledge of, as of something new, or unknown; hence, to fall in with, as a person.
- (v. t.) To discover by study or experiment direct to an object or end; as, water is found to be a compound substance.
- (v. t.) To come upon by seeking; as, to find something lost.
- (v. i.) To determine an issue of fact, and to declare such a determination to a court; as, the jury find for the plaintiff.
- (v. t.) To arrive at, as a conclusion; to determine as true; to establish; as, to find a verdict; to find a true bill (of indictment) against an accused person.
- (n.) Anything found; a discovery of anything valuable; especially, a deposit, discovered by archaeologists, of objects of prehistoric or unknown origin.
- (v. t.) To gain, as the object of desire or effort; as, to find leisure; to find means.
• Fin Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) End; conclusion; object.
- (v. t.) To carve or cut up, as a chub.
- (n.) A membranous, finlike, swimming organ, as in pteropod and heteropod mollusks.
- (n.) The hand.
- (n.) A finlike appendage, as to submarine boats.
- (n.) A blade of whalebone.
- (n.) The thin sheet of metal squeezed out between the collars of the rolls in the process of rolling.
- (n.) A finlike organ or attachment; a part of an object or product which protrudes like a fin
- (n.) A mark or ridge left on a casting at the junction of the parts of a mold.
- (n.) An organ of a fish, consisting of a membrane supported by rays, or little bony or cartilaginous ossicles, and serving to balance and propel it in the water.
- (n.) A feather; a spline.
- (n.) A fixed stabilizing surface, usually vertical, similar in purpose to a bilge keel on a ship.
• Findfaulting Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Apt to censure or cavil; faultfinding; captious.