• Finis Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An end; conclusion. It is often placed at the end of a book.
• Finish Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Finishing coat, under Finishing.
- (v. i.) To end; to die.
- (v. t.) To bestow the last required labor upon; to complete; to bestow the utmost possible labor upon; to perfect; to accomplish; to polish.
- (n.) The joiner work and other finer work required for the completion of a building, especially of the interior. See Inside finish, and Outside finish.
- (v. t.) To arrive at the end of; to bring to an end; to put an end to; to make an end of; to terminate.
- (n.) The labor required to give final completion to any work; hence, minute detail, careful elaboration, or the like.
- (v. i.) To come to an end; to terminate.
- (n.) The result of completed labor, as on the surface of an object; manner or style of finishing; as, a rough, dead, or glossy finish given to cloth, stone, metal, etc.
- (n.) That which finishes, puts an end to/ or perfects.
- (n.) Completion; -- opposed to start, or beginning.
• Finished Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Finish
- (a.) Polished to the highest degree of excellence; complete; perfect; as, a finished poem; a finished education.