• Flake Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A loose filmy mass or a thin chiplike layer of anything; a film; flock; lamina; layer; scale; as, a flake of snow, tallow, or fish.
- (n.) A paling; a hurdle.
- (n.) A small stage hung over a vessels side, for workmen to stand on in calking, etc.
- (v. i.) To separate in flakes; to peel or scale off.
- (v. t.) To form into flakes.
- (n.) A platform of hurdles, or small sticks made fast or interwoven, supported by stanchions, for drying codfish and other things.
- (n.) A little particle of lighted or incandescent matter, darted from a fire; a flash.
- (n.) A sort of carnation with only two colors in the flower, the petals having large stripes.
- (n.) A flat layer, or fake, of a coiled cable.
• Flaked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Flake