• Flaring Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) That flares; flaming or blazing unsteadily; shining out with a dazzling light.
- (a.) Opening or speading outwards.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Flare
• Flare Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A spreading outward; as, the flare of a fireplace.
- (v. i.) To shine out with a sudden and unsteady light; to emit a dazzling or painfully bright light.
- (n.) An unsteady, broad, offensive light.
- (v. i.) To burn with an unsteady or waving flame; as, the candle flares.
- (n.) Leaf of lard.
- (v. i.) To open or spread outwards; to project beyond the perpendicular; as, the sides of a bowl flare; the bows of a ship flare.
- (v. i.) To be exposed to too much light.
- (v. i.) To shine out with gaudy colors; to flaunt; to be offensively bright or showy.
- (n.) A defect in a photographic objective such that an image of the stop, or diaphragm, appears as a fogged spot in the center of the developed negative.
• Flaringly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a flaring manner.