• Flattered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Flatter
• Flatter Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To treat with praise or blandishments; to gratify or attempt to gratify the self-love or vanity of, esp. by artful and interested commendation or attentions; to blandish; to cajole; to wheedle.
- (n.) One who, or that which, makes flat or flattens.
- (n.) A drawplate with a narrow, rectangular orifice, for drawing flat strips, as watch springs, etc.
- (v. t.) To raise hopes in; to encourage or favorable, but sometimes unfounded or deceitful, representations.
- (v. i.) To use flattery or insincere praise.
- (n.) A flat-faced fulling hammer.
- (v. t.) To portray too favorably; to give a too favorable idea of; as, his portrait flatters him.