• Fleshing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Flesh
- (n.) A person devoted to fleshly things.
• Flesh Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The soft, pulpy substance of fruit; also, that part of a root, fruit, and the like, which is fit to be eaten.
- (n.) The aggregate of the muscles, fat, and other tissues which cover the framework of bones in man and other animals; especially, the muscles.
- (v. t.) To glut; to satiate; hence, to harden, to accustom.
- (n.) Animal food, in distinction from vegetable; meat; especially, the body of beasts and birds used as food, as distinguished from fish.
- (n.) Human nature
- (v. t.) To remove flesh, membrance, etc., from, as from hides.
- (n.) The character under the influence of animal propensities or selfish passions; the soul unmoved by spiritual influences.
- (n.) The human eace; mankind; humanity.
- (n.) In a bad sense, tendency to transient or physical pleasure; desire for sensual gratification; carnality.
- (n.) The human body, as distinguished from the soul; the corporeal person.
- (n.) Kindred; stock; race.
- (v. t.) To feed with flesh, as an incitement to further exertion; to initiate; -- from the practice of training hawks and dogs by feeding them with the first game they take, or other flesh. Hence, to use upon flesh (as a murderous weapon) so as to draw blood, especially for the first time.
- (n.) In a good sense, tenderness of feeling; gentleness.
• Fleshings Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) Flesh-colored tights, worn by actors dancers.