• Flicker Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of wavering or of fluttering; flucuation; sudden and brief increase of brightness; as, the last flicker of the dying flame.
- (v. i.) To flutter; to flap the wings without flying.
- (v. i.) To waver unsteadily, like a flame in a current of air, or when about to expire; as, the flickering light.
- (n.) The golden-winged woodpecker (Colaptes aurutus); -- so called from its spring note. Called also yellow-hammer, high-holder, pigeon woodpecker, and yucca.
• Flickeringly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a flickering manner.