• Flit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be unstable; to be easily or often moved.
- (v. i.) To move with celerity through the air; to fly away with a rapid motion; to dart along; to fleet; as, a bird flits away; a cloud flits along.
- (v. i.) To flutter; to rove on the wing.
- (v. i.) To pass rapidly, as a light substance, from one place to another; to remove; to migrate.
- (a.) Nimble; quick; swift. [Obs.] See Fleet.
- (v. i.) To remove from one place or habitation to another.
• Flite Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To scold; to quarrel.
- (n.) Alt. of Flyte
• Flittern Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) A term applied to the bark obtained from young oak trees.