• Floor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The right to speak.
- (n.) The surface, or the platform, of a structure on which we walk or travel; as, the floor of a bridge.
- (n.) The rock underlying a stratified or nearly horizontal deposit.
- (v. t.) To strike down or lay level with the floor; to knock down; hence, to silence by a conclusive answer or retort; as, to floor an opponent.
- (n.) The bottom or lower part of any room; the part upon which we stand and upon which the movables in the room are supported.
- (n.) A horizontal, flat ore body.
- (n.) The structure formed of beams, girders, etc., with proper covering, which divides a building horizontally into stories. Floor in sense 1 is, then, the upper surface of floor in sense 2.
- (n.) The part of the house assigned to the members.
- (n.) A story of a building. See Story.
- (n.) That part of the bottom of a vessel on each side of the keelson which is most nearly horizontal.
- (v. t.) To cover with a floor; to furnish with a floor; as, to floor a house with pine boards.
- (v. t.) To finish or make an end of; as, to floor a college examination.
• Floorage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Floor space.
• Flooring Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A platform; the bottom of a room; a floor; pavement. See Floor, n.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Floor
- (n.) Material for the construction of a floor or floors.