• Flotation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The science of floating bodies.
- (n.) The act, process, or state of floating.
- (n.) Act of financing, or floating, a commercial venture or an issue of bonds, stock, or the like.
• Flotation process Definition & Synonyms
- () A process of separating the substances contained in pulverized ore or the like by depositing the mixture on the surface of a flowing liquid, the substances that are quickly wet readily overcoming the surface tension of the liquid and sinking, the others flowing off in a film or slime on the surface, though, perhaps, having a greater specific gravity than those that sink.