• Fluked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fluke
• Fluke Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument for cleaning out a hole drilled in stone for blasting.
- (n.) An accidental and favorable stroke at billiards (called a scratch in the United States); hence, any accidental or unexpected advantage; as, he won by a fluke.
- (n.) The European flounder. See Flounder.
- (n.) The part of an anchor which fastens in the ground; a flook. See Anchor.
- (n.) A parasitic trematode worm of several species, having a flat, lanceolate body and two suckers. Two species (Fasciola hepatica and Distoma lanceolatum) are found in the livers of sheep, and produce the disease called rot.
- (n.) One of the lobes of a whales tail, so called from the resemblance to the fluke of an anchor.
- (v. t. & i.) To get or score by a fluke; as, to fluke a play in billiards.