• Flush Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A flock of birds suddenly started up or flushed.
- (adv.) So as to be level or even.
- (v. i.) To flow and spread suddenly; to rush; as, blood flushes into the face.
- (v. t.) To cause to start, as a hunter a bird.
- (a.) Full of vigor; fresh; glowing; bright.
- (n.) A suffusion of the face with blood, as from fear, shame, modesty, or intensity of feeling of any kind; a blush; a glow.
- (a.) Consisting of cards of one suit.
- (n.) A sudden flowing; a rush which fills or overflows, as of water for cleansing purposes.
- (n.) Any tinge of red color like that produced on the cheeks by a sudden rush of blood; as, the flush on the side of a peach; the flush on the clouds at sunset.
- (v. t.) To excite; to animate; to stir.
- (v. i.) To start up suddenly; to take wing as a bird.
- (n.) A hand of cards of the same suit.
- (a.) Unbroken or even in surface; on a level with the adjacent surface; forming a continuous surface; as, a flush panel; a flush joint.
- (v. t.) To cause the blood to rush into (the face); to put to the blush, or to cause to glow with excitement.
- (v. i.) To become suddenly suffused, as the cheeks; to turn red; to blush.
- (v. i.) To snow red; to shine suddenly; to glow.
- (a.) Affluent; abounding; well furnished or suppled; hence, liberal; prodigal.
- (v. t.) To cause to be full; to flood; to overflow; to overwhelm with water; as, to flush the meadows; to flood for the purpose of cleaning; as, to flush a sewer.
- (v. t.) To make suddenly or temporarily red or rosy, as if suffused with blood.
- (n.) A sudden flood or rush of feeling; a thrill of excitement. animation, etc.; as, a flush of joy.
- (v. i.) To fill underground spaces, especially in coal mines, with material carried by water, which, after drainage, constitutes a compact mass.
- (v. i.) To operate a placer mine, where the continuous supply of water is insufficient, by holding back the water, and releasing it periodically in a flood.
- (v. t.) To cause by flow; to draw water from, or pour it over or through (a pond, meadow, sewer, etc.); to cleanse by means of a rush of water.
• Flushingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a flushing manner.