• Flux Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of flowing; a continuous moving on or passing by, as of a flowing stream; constant succession; change.
- (n.) The matter thus discharged.
- (n.) Flowing; unstable; inconstant; variable.
- (n.) The quantity of a fluid that crosses a unit area of a given surface in a unit of time.
- (v. t.) To cause to become fluid; to fuse.
- (n.) A fluid discharge from the bowels or other part; especially, an excessive and morbid discharge; as, the bloody flux or dysentery. See Bloody flux.
- (n.) The state of being liquid through heat; fusion.
- (v. t.) To cause a discharge from; to purge.
- (n.) Any substance or mixture used to promote the fusion of metals or minerals, as alkalies, borax, lime, fluorite.
- (n.) The setting in of the tide toward the shore, -- the ebb being called the reflux.
- (v. t.) To affect, or bring to a certain state, by flux.
• Fluxation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of fluxing.
• Fluxional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or having the nature of, fluxion or fluxions; variable; inconstant.