• Fog Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Dead or decaying grass remaining on land through the winter; -- called also foggage.
- (v. i.) To show indistinctly or become indistinct, as the picture on a negative sometimes does in the process of development.
- (n.) A state of mental confusion.
- (v. t.) To envelop, as with fog; to befog; to overcast; to darken; to obscure.
- (n.) A second growth of grass; aftergrass.
- (v. t.) To pasture cattle on the fog, or aftergrass, of; to eat off the fog from.
- (n.) Watery vapor condensed in the lower part of the atmosphere and disturbing its transparency. It differs from cloud only in being near the ground, and from mist in not approaching so nearly to fine rain. See Cloud.
- (v. i.) To practice in a small or mean way; to pettifog.
- (n.) Cloudiness or partial opacity of those parts of a developed film or a photograph which should be clear.
- (v. t.) To render semiopaque or cloudy, as a negative film, by exposure to stray light, too long an exposure to the developer, etc.
• Fogging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fog