• Foliated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Foliate
- (a.) Containing, or consisting of, foils; as, a foliated arch.
- (a.) Laminated, but restricted to the variety of laminated structure found in crystalline schist, as mica schist, etc.; schistose.
- (a.) Characterized by being separable into thin plates or folia; as, graphite has a foliated structure.
- (a.) Spread over with an amalgam of tin and quicksilver.
- (a.) Having leaves, or leaflike projections; as, a foliated shell.
• Foliate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To spread over with a thin coat of tin and quicksilver; as, to foliate a looking-glass.
- (a.) Furnished with leaves; leafy; as, a foliate stalk.
- (v. t.) To beat into a leaf, or thin plate.