• Forego Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To quit; to relinquish; to leave.
- (v. t.) To relinquish the enjoyment or advantage of; to give up; to resign; to renounce; -- said of a thing already enjoyed, or of one within reach, or anticipated.
- (v. i.) To go before; to precede; -- used especially in the present and past participles.
• Foregone Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p.) of Forego
• Foregoer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who forbears to enjoy.
- (n.) One who goes before another; a predecessor; hence, an ancestor a progenitor.
- (n.) A purveyor of the king; -- so called, formerly, from going before to provide for his household.