• Forge Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To form or shape out in any way; to produce; to frame; to invent.
- (n.) The works where wrought iron is produced directly from the ore, or where iron is rendered malleable by puddling and shingling; a shingling mill.
- (n.) A place or establishment where iron or other metals are wrought by heating and hammering; especially, a furnace, or a shop with its furnace, etc., where iron is heated and wrought; a smithy.
- (v. t.) To impel forward slowly; as, to forge a ship forward.
- (n.) The act of beating or working iron or steel; the manufacture of metalic bodies.
- (v. t.) To commit forgery.
- (v. t.) To move heavily and slowly, as a ship after the sails are furled; to work ones way, as one ship in outsailing another; -- used especially in the phrase to forge ahead.
- (n.) To make falsely; to produce, as that which is untrue or not genuine; to fabricate; to counterfeit, as, a signature, or a signed document.
- (n.) To form by heating and hammering; to beat into any particular shape, as a metal.
- (n.) To coin.
• Forgetter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who forgets; a heedless person.
• Forgettable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Liable to be, or that may be, forgotten.