• Formalities Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Formality
• Formality Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An established order; conventional rule of procedure; usual method; habitual mode.
- (n.) The dress prescribed for any body of men, academical, municipal, or sacerdotal.
- (n.) Compliance with formal or conventional rules; ceremony; conventionality.
- (n.) The manner in which a thing is conceived or constituted by an act of human thinking; the result of such an act; as, animality and rationality are formalities.
- (n.) Form without substance.
- (n.) That which is formal; the formal part.
- (n.) The quality which makes a thing what it is; essence.
- (n.) The condition or quality of being formal, strictly ceremonious, precise, etc.