• Foster Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A forester.
- (v. i.) To be nourished or trained up together.
- (v. t.) To feed; to nourish; to support; to bring up.
- (v. t.) Relating to nourishment; affording, receiving, or sharing nourishment or nurture; -- applied to father, mother, child, brother, etc., to indicate that the person so called stands in the relation of parent, child, brother, etc., as regards sustenance and nurture, but not by tie of blood.
- (n.) One who, or that which, fosters.
- (v. t.) To cherish; to promote the growth of; to encourage; to sustain and promote; as, to foster genius.
• Fosterage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The care of a foster child; the charge of nursing.
• Fostering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Foster