• Found Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Find
- (n.) A thin, single-cut file for combmakers.
- (v. i.) To take the ffirst steps or measures in erecting or building up; to furnish the materials for beginning; to begin to raise; to originate; as, to found a college; to found a family.
- (v. i.) To lay the basis of; to set, or place, as on something solid, for support; to ground; to establish upon a basis, literal or figurative; to fix firmly.
- (v. t.) To form by melting a metal, and pouring it into a mold; to cast.
- () imp. & p. p. of Find.
• Foundling Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A deserted or exposed infant; a child found without a parent or owner.
• Founderous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Difficult to travel; likely to trip one up; as, a founderous road.
• Foundress Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A female founder; a woman who founds or establishes, or who endows with a fund.