• Franking Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A method of forming a joint at the intersection of window-sash bars, by cutting away only enough wood to show a miter.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Frank
• Frank Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The common heron; -- so called from its note.
- (a.) A native or inhabitant of Western Europe; a European; -- a term used in the Levant.
- (v. t.) To send by public conveyance free of expense.
- (a.) The privilege of sending letters or other mail matter, free of postage, or without charge; also, the sign, mark, or signature denoting that a letter or other mail matter is to free of postage.
- (n.) Unrestrained; loose; licentious; -- used in a bad sense.
- (a.) A member of one of the German tribes that in the fifth century overran and conquered Gaul, and established the kingdom of France.
- (n.) Unbounded by restrictions, limitations, etc.; free.
- (v. t.) To shut up in a frank or sty; to pen up; hence, to cram; to fatten.
- (v. t.) To extempt from charge for postage, as a letter, package, or packet, etc.
- (n.) Liberal; generous; profuse.
- (n.) Free in uttering ones real sentiments; not reserved; using no disguise; candid; ingenuous; as, a frank nature, conversation, manner, etc.
- (a.) A French coin. See Franc.
- (n.) A pigsty.