• Freighted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Freight
• Freight Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Employed in the transportation of freight; having to do with freight; as, a freight car.
- (v. t.) To load with goods, as a ship, or vehicle of any kind, for transporting them from one place to another; to furnish with freight; as, to freight a ship; to freight a car.
- (n.) The price paid a common carrier for the carriage of goods.
- (n.) Freight transportation, or freight line.
- (n.) The sum paid by a party hiring a ship or part of a ship for the use of what is thus hired.
- (n.) That with which anything in fraught or laden for transportation; lading; cargo, especially of a ship, or a car on a railroad, etc.; as, a freight of cotton; a full freight.