• Friended Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Inclined to love; well-disposed.
- (a.) Having friends;
- (imp. & p. p.) of Friend
• Friend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To act as the friend of; to favor; to countenance; to befriend.
- (n.) One of a religious sect characterized by disuse of outward rites and an ordained ministry, by simplicity of dress and speech, and esp. by opposition to war and a desire to live at peace with all men. They are popularly called Quakers.
- (n.) One who entertains for another such sentiments of esteem, respect, and affection that he seeks his society aud welfare; a wellwisher; an intimate associate; sometimes, an attendant.
- (n.) One not inimical or hostile; one not a foe or enemy; also, one of the same nation, party, kin, etc., whose friendly feelings may be assumed. The word is some times used as a term of friendly address.
- (n.) A paramour of either sex.
- (n.) One who looks propitiously on a cause, an institution, a project, and the like; a favorer; a promoter; as, a friend to commerce, to poetry, to an institution.