• Frill Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To shake or shiver as with cold; as, the hawk frills.
- (v. i.) A border or edging secured at one edge and left free at the other, usually fluted or crimped like a very narrow flounce.
- (v. i.) A ruffled varex or fold on certain shells.
- (v. i.) A ruffle, consisting of a fold of membrane, of hairs, or of feathers, around the neck of an animal.
- (v. i.) A ruffing of a birds feathers from cold.
- (v. i.) To wrinkle; -- said of the gelatin film.
- (v. i.) A similar ruffle around the legs or other appendages of animals.
- (v. t.) To provide or decorate with a frill or frills; to turn back. in crimped plaits; as, to frill a cap.
• Frilled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Frill
- (a.) Furnished with a frill or frills.