• Fring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fire
• Fringe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The peristome or fringelike appendage of the capsules of most mosses. See Peristome.
- (n.) One of a number of light or dark bands, produced by the interference of light; a diffraction band; -- called also interference fringe.
- (n.) An ornamental appendage to the border of a piece of stuff, originally consisting of the ends of the warp, projecting beyond the woven fabric; but more commonly made separate and sewed on, consisting sometimes of projecting ends, twisted or plaited together, and sometimes of loose threads of wool, silk, or linen, or narrow strips of leather, or the like.
- (v. t.) To adorn the edge of with a fringe or as with a fringe.
- (n.) Something resembling in any respect a fringe; a line of objects along a border or edge; a border; an edging; a margin; a confine.
• Fringe tree Definition & Synonyms
- () A small oleaceous tree (Chionanthus virginica), of the southern United States, having clusters of white flowers with slender petals. It is often cultivated.
• Fringed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Furnished with a fringe.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fringe