• Frown Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any expression of displeasure; as, the frowns of Providence; the frowns of Fortune.
- (v. t.) To repress or repel by expressing displeasure or disapproval; to rebuke with a look; as, frown the impudent fellow into silence.
- (n.) A wrinkling of the face in displeasure, rebuke, etc.; a sour, severe, or stere look; a scowl.
- (v. i.) To manifest displeasure or disapprobation; to look with disfavor or threateningly; to lower; as, polite society frowns upon rudeness.
- (v. i.) To contract the brow in displeasure, severity, or sternness; to scowl; to put on a stern, grim, or surly look.
• Frowny Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Frowning; scowling.
• Frowning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Frown