• Gad Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A wedge-shaped billet of iron or steel.
- (n.) A spike on a gauntlet; a gadling.
- (n.) The point of a spear, or an arrowhead.
- (n.) A sharp-pointed rod; a goad.
- (n.) A rod or stick, as a fishing rod, a measuring rod, or a rod used to drive cattle with.
- (n.) To walk about; to rove or go about, without purpose; hence, to run wild; to be uncontrolled.
- (n.) A pointed or wedge-shaped instrument of metal, as a steel wedge used in mining, etc.
• Gadwall Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A large duck (Anas strepera), valued as a game bird, found in the northern parts of Europe and America; -- called also gray duck.
• Gadolinite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mineral of a nearly black color and vitreous luster, and consisting principally of the silicates of yttrium, cerium, and iron.
• Gadbee Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The gadfly.