• Galloping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Gallop
- (a.) Going at a gallop; progressing rapidly; as, a galloping horse.
• Gallop Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) Fig.: To go rapidly or carelessly, as in making a hasty examination.
- (v. i.) To move or run in the mode called a gallop; as a horse; to go at a gallop; to run or move with speed.
- (v. t.) To cause to gallop.
- (v. i.) A mode of running by a quadruped, particularly by a horse, by lifting alternately the fore feet and the hind feet, in successive leaps or bounds.
- (v. i.) To ride a horse at a gallop.