• Garnish Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To fit with fetters.
- (v. t.) A fee; specifically, in English jails, formerly an unauthorized fee demanded by the old prisoners of a newcomer.
- (v. t.) Fetters.
- (v. t.) To ornament, as a dish, with something laid about it; as, a dish garnished with parsley.
- (n.) Something added for embellishment; decoration; ornament; also, dress; garments, especially such as are showy or decorated.
- (n.) Something set round or upon a dish as an embellishment. See Garnish, v. t., 2.
- (v. t.) To decorate with ornamental appendages; to set off; to adorn; to embellish.
- (v. t.) To furnish; to supply.
- (v. t.) To warn by garnishment; to give notice to; to garnishee. See Garnishee, v. t.
• Garnishing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Garnish