• Garrison Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To place troops in, as a fortification, for its defense; to furnish with soldiers; as, to garrison a fort or town.
- (v. t.) To secure or defend by fortresses manned with troops; as, to garrison a conquered territory.
- (n.) A fortified place, in which troops are quartered for its security.
- (n.) A body of troops stationed in a fort or fortified town.
• Garrisoned Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Garrison
• Garrisoning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Garrison