• Gated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having gates.
• Gat Definition & Synonyms
- () imp. of Get.
- () of Get
• Gate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A large door or passageway in the wall of a city, of an inclosed field or place, or of a grand edifice, etc.; also, the movable structure of timber, metal, etc., by which the passage can be closed.
- (n.) The waste piece of metal cast in the opening; a sprue or sullage piece.
- (n.) The channel or opening through which metal is poured into the mold; the ingate.
- (n.) A door, valve, or other device, for stopping the passage of water through a dam, lock, pipe, etc.
- (n.) The places which command the entrances or access; hence, place of vantage; power; might.
- (v. t.) To punish by requiring to be within the gates at an earlier hour than usual.
- (n.) An opening for passage in any inclosing wall, fence, or barrier; or the suspended framework which closes or opens a passage. Also, figuratively, a means or way of entrance or of exit.
- (n.) A way; a path; a road; a street (as in Highgate).
- (n.) Manner; gait.
- (v. t.) To supply with a gate.
- (n.) In a lock tumbler, the opening for the stump of the bolt to pass through or into.