• Gaul Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A native or inhabitant of Gaul.
- (n.) The Anglicized form of Gallia, which in the time of the Romans included France and Upper Italy (Transalpine and Cisalpine Gaul).
• Gaultheria Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A genus of ericaceous shrubs with evergreen foliage, and, often, edible berries. It includes the American winter-green (Gaultheria procumbens), and the larger-fruited salal of Northwestern America (Gaultheria Shallon).
• Gault Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A series of beds of clay and marl in the South of England, between the upper and lower greensand of the Cretaceous period.