• Gay Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Loose; dissipated; lewd.
- (superl.) Brilliant in colors; splendid; fine; richly dressed.
- (n.) An ornament
- (superl.) Excited with merriment; manifesting sportiveness or delight; inspiring delight; livery; merry.
• Gayley process Definition & Synonyms
- () The process of removing moisture from the blast of an iron blast furnace by reducing its temperature so far that it will not remain suspended as vapor in the blast current, but will be deposited as snow in the cooling apparatus. The resultant uniformly dehydrated blast effects great economy in fuel consumption, and promotes regularity of furnace operation, and certainty of furnace control.