• Generation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Origination by some process, mathematical, chemical, or vital; production; formation; as, the generation of sounds, of gases, of curves, etc.
- (n.) Race; kind; family; breed; stock.
- (n.) That which is generated or brought forth; progeny; offspiring.
- (n.) The aggregate of the functions and phenomene which attend reproduction.
- (n.) The act of generating or begetting; procreation, as of animals.
- (n.) A single step or stage in the succession of natural descent; a rank or remove in genealogy. Hence: The body of those who are of the same genealogical rank or remove from an ancestor; the mass of beings living at one period; also, the average lifetime of man, or the ordinary period of time at which one rank follows another, or father is succeeded by child, usually assumed to be one third of a century; an age.
- (n.) The formation or production of any geometrical magnitude, as a line, a surface, a solid, by the motion, in accordance with a mathematical law, of a point or a magnitude; as, the generation of a line or curve by the motion of a point, of a surface by a line, a sphere by a semicircle, etc.