• Geniuses Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Genius
• Genius Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The peculiar structure of mind with whoch each individual is endowed by nature; that disposition or aptitude of mind which is peculiar to each man, and which qualifies him for certain kinds of action or special success in any pursuit; special taste, inclination, or disposition; as, a genius for history, for poetry, or painting.
- (n.) Peculiar character; animating spirit, as of a nation, a religion, a language.
- (n.) A good or evil spirit, or demon, supposed by the ancients to preside over a mans destiny in life; a tutelary deity; a supernatural being; a spirit, good or bad. Cf. Jinnee.
- (n.) A man endowed with uncommon vigor of mind; a man of superior intellectual faculties; as, Shakespeare was a rare genius.
- (n.) Distinguished mental superiority; uncommon intellectual power; especially, superior power of invention or origination of any kind, or of forming new combinations; as, a man of genius.