• Genteel Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Suited to the position of lady or a gentleman; as, to live in a genteel allowance.
- (a.) Possessing or exhibiting the qualities popularly regarded as belonging to high birth and breeding; free from vulgarity, or lowness of taste or behavior; adapted to a refined or cultivated taste; polite; well-bred; as, genteel company, manners, address.
- (a.) Graceful in mien or form; elegant in appearance, dress, or manner; as, the lady has a genteel person. Law.
• Genteelish Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Somewhat genteel.
• Genteelly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a genteel manner.