• German Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A native or one of the people of Germany.
- (n.) Of or pertaining to Germany.
- (n.) The German language.
- (a.) Nearly related; closely akin.
- (n.) A social party at which the german is danced.
- (n.) A round dance, often with a waltz movement, abounding in capriciosly involved figures.
• Germanium Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A rare element, recently discovered (1885), in a silver ore (argyrodite) at Freiberg. It is a brittle, silver-white metal, chemically intermediate between the metals and nonmetals, resembles tin, and is in general identical with the predicted ekasilicon. Symbol Ge. Atomic weight 72.3.
• Germander Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A plant of the genus Teucrium (esp. Teucrium Chamaedrys or wall germander), mintlike herbs and low shrubs.