• Gid Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) A disease of sheep, characterized by vertigo; the staggers. It is caused by the presence of the C/nurus, a larval tapeworm, in the brain. See C/nurus.
• Giddy-head Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person without thought fulness, prudence, or judgment.
• Giddy Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Characterized by inconstancy; unstable; changeable; fickle; wild; thoughtless; heedless.
- (superl.) Bewildering on account of rapid turning; running round with celerity; gyratory; whirling.
- (superl.) Having in the head a sensation of whirling or reeling about; having lost the power of preserving the balance of the body, and therefore wavering and inclined to fall; lightheaded; dizzy.
- (v. i.) To reel; to whirl.
- (superl.) Promoting or inducing giddiness; as, a giddy height; a giddy precipice.
- (v. t.) To make dizzy or unsteady.
• Giddy-paced Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Moving irregularly; flighty; fickle.